For the most part, I don't do a lot of editing on my pictures, if anything just color and white balance. However, when I saw this picture of Erin, I knew it need some umph! The first picture is the finished product. The second one is straight out of camera.
Here's what I did: - Shooting in raw, the picture is really flat, so for pop I fixed the white balance. Increased the blacks and the whites and added some contrast. I boosted the vibrance a bit, as well. - The grass was very ugly so I cleaned it up with a combination of the stamp tool, patch tool and the good old cut and paste. - The combination of the pose and my angle made Erin look bigger than she was, so I tweaked her body a bit to make it look more like her. - I wanted Erin to stand out, so I brightened her hair and darkened the grass. - It still didn't look dynamic enough. I wish I had shot the picture from a higher vantage point. I compensated by increasing the canvas size and adding in tons of grass. Now that you know you can probably notice a pattern in the grass. Woops. :)
So that's what I did!