I haven't done a list in a long time so I shall list away Things about June. 1.
- I finished designing the bulk of my packaging goodies until I can have it all professionally done.
- I had to pay for some big purchases. New packaging. Estimated tax. Two plane tickets. One conference (ALT Summit! Yay!!!!). 8 days at two hotels. ugh. And that's pretty awesome. I like to pay bills. I like the satisfaction of going back to "zero" every month or pay period.
- This is the last month of "free" weekends. I use that very loosely. Starting in July, I'm shooting a wedding every weekend until September. Yikes. I don't know why I do that to myself.
- I'm not traveling at all this month... and it's nice.
- I've been pretty productive these first 6 days of June. I'm more productive without deadlines, ironically. I balk under pressure. I learned that that's due to the fact that I'm a discouraged perfectionist.
- 6. I sold my google stock and made lots of money. I'll buy it again when it goes back down.
- My parents celebrate their 40th anniversary this month. I celebrate that I think I can remember what day it is. (My sister got married the day after them and for the past 8 years I've had a hard time remembering which date was my sister's anniversary and which was my parent's anniversary. Finally another sister gave me good way to remember.)
- My littlest niece is 6 months old. And I'm happy to say I haven't missed her baby-ness like I have with my other nieces and nephews. I'm capitalizing on this time when I can still cradle her.
- I'm very happy. I'm excited to ride my bike. The weather's been great.
- I started reading my first fiction book since who knows how long. So far. So good. I started reading it last night. I'll likely finish it in the next couple of days. (It's good, Karen!)
- I keep a list of books I've read. I'm trying to someday read 52 books in one year. This year I'm failing miserably. I was supposed to finish 20 books by now. Last year I did pretty well. I almost got to 25 by the end of the year. Now I'm aiming for three books by the end of June.
- I like that I have stacks of books in my room. I'm going to try to sort through the ones I've read and the ones I haven't
- I'm doing Ali Edward's One Little Word Class. My word is "fresh" and this month is "think fresh". So far this One Little Word class has been awesome. I love it.
- So far been having really good devotions. Like REALLY good. I'm looking forward to what else God will teach me this month. (It all goes real well with "think fresh".)
- I really need to eat some new york style pizza. I've been also craving a caprese salad. desperately craving one. It's been less than two months since I've been to New York. I'm sad it'll be another three before I'm back. This will be the longest I've been away for a long time. But... I have an exciting idea for this coming trip.
- I'm 100% set on going on a trip for my 30th birthday. I can't wait to go. I think I'm going to start planning this month
- This month I also started taking a class called "Thrive". It's been amazing and I can't wait to implement what I learn into my business. June is my first month, but I have a handful of months of catch up work to do.
- I am schedule to photograph two births this month and the more I think about it the more I think the babies will be born on the same day. (I think the 14th. The first 5 births I photographed were born the 14th. Amazing, no?)
- I'm going to go to the De Young this month. For fun. For me.
- I also plan on (mostly) catching up on all my project life awesomeness.
My outlook is good. Bring it on, June. I'm excited to see what you have for me. yay.
And because posts are boring without pictures... Here is a picture of a gate at Angkor. I think it's the victory gate. I liked the smiling faces. Enjoy :D