I'm turning 30 soon. I'm so excited! I've been looking forward to my thirties since my mid-twenties. I can't believe it's finally here! I'm headed to Ireland and England to celebrate, and I'm amped!!! But before I leave on my (epic) adventure, I wanted to share my Murtaugh List. If you watch How I Met Your Mother, Ted references this list as basically all the things we're too old to do, Murtaugh being a reference to Lieutenant Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon.
So here it is… a list of 30 things I'm too old to do.
My Murtaugh List
- Sleeping on anything that's not a bed (with maybe the exception of certain futons).
- Choosing sweatshirts and tshirts as regular wardrobe.
- Staying in hostels.
- Sight-seeing all day while traveling.
- Dating around.
- Being on my feet all day.
- Hanging out with friends who are only hang out friends.
- Drinking regularly or endlessly.
- Having kids (just kidding).
- Anything that requires a lot of energy.
- Eating whatever I want.
- Playing games. (the bad kind… not board games)
- Unhealthy friendships/relationships. (Thankfully my current friends and boyfriend are stellar.)
- Remembering things. (My memory is awful.)
- Getting anymore piercings. (I only have my ears pierced.)
- Talking on the phone without saying, "What did you say? I can't hear you."
- Having time.
- Spending more days out than in.
- Using Christmas lights as a year-round decorative element.
- Owning inflatable furniture (airbeds excluded).
- Going through the day without some desire to nap.
- Someone else paying my bills.
- Talking in pager code. I 143 u 637.
- Say yes to every invitation to hang out or "chill".
- Have questionable pictures on facebook.
- Going to bed after midnight. I feel awful whenever I do.
- Backpacking. My back just can't handle it anymore.
- Being young. haha.
*The picture above is of my niece. Isn't she cute?! (And drooly!)